Wednesday August 3, 2016 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Salon E Hilton Atlanta, 255 Courtland Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
6:00-6:10 Welcome + words from our Council Liaison, Kris Kiesling
6:15-6:40 Chair report
- Itinerant Archivists trip to Ecuador
- Desmantelando Fronteras/Breaking Down Borders
- SAA Diversity Award Statement on the Orlando and Archivists’ Role in Creating a More Diverse Society by Leaders of AACR, LACCHA, and LAGAR
- Participation of LACCHA in the SAA Leadership Forum Panel Discussion on Diversity
- We obtained funding to bring Enrique Chmelnik, President of the Association of Mexican Private Archives and Libraries (AMABPAC) and Director of the Center of Documentation and Research of the Jewish Communities in Mexico (CDIJUM), to our annual meeting.
- Update from Lauren Goodley, Online Communications Liaison
- Introduction of incoming Junior Co-Chair
- Q&A for LACCHA’s Co-chairs
6:45-7:00 Enrique Chmelnik will give a presentation on Mexico’s new laws regulating archives and how those laws affect private archives and libraries, such as CDIJUM.
7:00-7:15 Q&A for Enrique